Friday, July 24, 2009

Yet Another Day On / In The Water With Devon



Wow its July 24 th and i have fallen way behind on writing this Blogspot I have created. My sincerest appologies to any followers i may have picked up. It has been crazy bizy here at Otter Rafting! Since July 10th i have logged 10 more trips guiding people down the Red Deer River. i also did two trips on the Lower Red Deer River in an inflatable Kayiak!
The water at one time rose too 75 mps and has setteled down too a comfortable 35 - 45 mps. ( great for surfing and playing in the waves )

As I am glancing through my Logbook searching for insperation I find myself smiling at some of the memories that come back too me as I read some of the comments I've made.eg:
"pay attention @ Diagnle" - I lost a lady out of my raft as i went over
"pay attention @ Diagnle" - I lost a Grandmother while surfing
"pay attention @ Diagnle" - I lost a teenage girl as i went over

(Yes folks I hate too admit it but I went three for three dumping people at Diagnle ledge! :-^( )

then there was eg:
"great day, sooo good too have higher water but I can't believe I lost the waterproof digital camera!"

"had a blast! those CSS kids were so much fun too float with! I scared the crap outa myself wen one was stuck under the boat for about 15 seconds though!" (but he came up smiling!)

" had 2 RCMP Officers on board today was a great day!" (Brayden and I can both testify that without a doubt pigs truley can swim!!! lmao We have pictures of Brayden dumping two of them into the water over Bigrock. Iv'e never seen such big eyeballs as wen he threw into the dirty hole sideways! I dont know how he kept her on her wheels! He shure had some paranoid cops on board for the rest of that ride! He said " they looked very nervous and kept looking over their sholders for the rest of the ride". I still find myself chuckling about it!

"Awsum day! Bucket Boats are great!"( I finaly got too take one out. A Bucket Boat is a raft that has a solid bottom & you( the costomer) have too bail out water but they are lighter and faster on the water! They make for a more exciting ride. )

"It was cool watching Sam run the oar rig!" (An oar rig is when we strap a metal frame with Oars on it on the raft, One person can run this rig and is a force too be reconed with! Sam kidnaped two young kids out of my boat and they went on a water fighting rampage! After lunch we asked if they wanted too come back with their family and myself on my rig but they wanted nothing too do with that!)


unofficial post "Went down the Lower Red both the 20th and 21st in an inflatable kayiak, 20th was with Paul, 21st was with Paul Sam and Spencer. Learned lots on how to surf & play in the waves. Was in great company" (It was truley an amazing thing watching these guys go. You know smeone is good when you watch them surf in a canoe)

"Had yet another great day! All the Practice surfing in the Kayiaks shure helped my rafting!"

So as you can see i have been extreamly bizy here, some of my more fonder memories were taking a boat with 6 grandparents aboard. They were as great as kids to take down the river ( and often acted like them lol). The ladies all gave me a big hug after we were done and quite a handsome tip I might add!
I also truley enjoyed taking the CSS kids down! They all lived in a group home together, and this was their "outdoor time". A fantastic group of kids. I think I also collected about 3 hugs there.
I have also taken a few groups of familys down one really scared me when on a high water day I went into my usual speal : " is there anyone who is ofended be coarse language" and they all said yes. After we went over Diagnle Ledge( this time without incident lol) and I looked back and exclaimed HOLY... the father interupted me with a very positive "nice save Devon!"
As you can read the fun and adventure just isn't stoping here! We have another group of about 25 too take down the River tomorow with the possibility af a couple of amasing canoeists comming with. Then on Sun. Sam is taking the oar rig down again.
Soooo till next time remember stay fun and keep it wet!!! Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment